WebRing News and Tips - -
Fri, Jan 30th - 2:30PM
Introducing the Member Generated FAQ Page
Tired of wading through overly technical answers to your help questions? Announcing the FAQ Submission page, where you can help create the all-new WebRing FAQ page!
How to Submit Questions & Answers
The submission process is extremely simple. Just follow these instructions:
- Go to the FAQ Submission page.
- To submit a question only, fill in the Question field, leave the Answer field empty, then click the Submit Edits button.
- To submit a question and answer, fill in both the Question and Answer fields. Then click the Submit Edits button.
After you've submitted your question and/or answer, it will be listed in your sidebar as a "Pending Question" or "Pending Answer" (if you submitted both a question and answer).
How Pending Q&A's Are Processed
Our staff will review all submitted questions and answers to determine what action should be taken. Here's what happens if the question is legitimate and/or the answer is correct:
Approved Questions will move to the "Official Questions" section of the sidebar. Any member can then choose to answer those questions.
Approved Answers will automatically be moved to the official FAQ page, where they will be made available for all members to use.
We don't predict much abuse of the FAQ Submission page, but we will delete any questions deemed spam or that are otherwise unrelated to WebRing.
Tips for Successful Submission
To make sure your submission is approved, ask yourself these questions:
- Does the question relate to WebRing?
- Is the answer easy to follow, using bullet points and numbered lists when applicable?
- Is the submission typo free? We will lightly edit, but submissions requiring extensive editing will be deleted.
- Did you use correct terminology? (example: "NavBar" is correct, whereas "Banner" is not.)
- Did you provide appropriate links to point the FAQ in the right direction?
Rewards for Submitting Q&A's
If you're one of those who are frustrated with the overly technical language of our help pages, the greatest reward is obvious - a FAQ page that everyone can understand. And of course, you will receive Activity Points for submitting questions and answers. Our staff will award AP on a case-by-case basis.
We know you have questions, so what are you waiting for? Go submit some questions today.
Think you have what it takes? We've already added a bunch of commonly asked questions that await an answer.