WebRing News and Tips - -
Wed, Jul 30th - 1:26PM
Contest — Webster on the Web
Webster is a cute little black bear, but it needs some personality. Here’s a chance for all you designers to create Webster’s home on the Web.
Announcing the “Webster on the Web” contest!
Write a back story for Webster — Who is this bear? Is Webster a girl or a boy? Why did Webster come to WebRing?
Then design a single Web page with these specifications:
- Use simple HTML and submit it as a .txt file.
- Set max page width at 900px or less.
- Include your byline.
- Insert a comment tag labeled "webster" in the "body" portion of your HTML. Centered at the bottom is preferred. This is for the NavBar.
- Format additional graphics as .jpg, .gif, or .png and each no larger than 80 kb.
Feel free to use and/or alter these images in ways that enhance or illustrate your Webster story:
September 15, 2008 12:00 AM
Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Attach your .txt file. (Note: Do not paste your entry into the email.)
- Attach any additional images you have used.
- Include “Webster Entry” in the subject line of your email.
- Include your WebRing User ID in the body of your email, as well as your first and last name.
- Contestants must be WebRing members to qualify for entry. Contestants can only submit once per WebRing User ID.
- All entries must be original creations of the contestant.
- All entries must be submitted by 12:00 AM PST September 15, 2008.
If your entry wins, you will win the complete WebRing Gear package:
- 1 Webster
- 1 Month 2.0
- 1 Cap
- 1 T-shirt
- 1 Water Bottle
- 1 Messenger Bag
- 1 Mouse Pad
- 5 Pens
Want to join in the contest, but your creative side is on hiatus? Consider these ideas:
Remember, you have until September 15, 2008, to submit your entry!
- Collaborate with an author or illustrator
- Incorporate a blog
- RSS feed from Teddy Bear WebRings
Powered by WebRing.
CONTEST NOW CLOSED
Congratulations biloxibeachboy! You can view the winning entry here.