WebRing News and Tips - -
Mon, Nov 17th - 12:17PM
How to Acquire More Activity Points for Auction Central
You've visited Auction Central, found a ring you really, really want, but you don't have enough Activity Points! What can you do? Purchase more or get active on WebRing!
Seems simple enough, but how to go about purchasing more Activity Points is a bit confusing. Let us cut through the confusion for you.
You Can't Actually Buy AP
Currently, you cannot buy more Activity Points (AP) outright; you can only "commit" them. What does this mean and how does it work? Once again, this is a fairly simple process.
Once you bid on an item in Auction Central, we lock down the required AP but not your total available monetary funds. It is only if your bid wins that we will deduct the appropriate funds from your account. Your account funds will remain unchanged unless you win a bid and don't have enough AP to cover the bid.
The Not-so Simple Side of Bidding
Why don't we lock down your WebRing monetary funds? We would rather give you the chance to win your bid without any monetary loss on your part. Our primary goal is to get these adoptable rings into your hands for AP, and not for money. Your activity generates your currency on WebRing!
Here's an example of why we only lock down your AP:
- You have 56AP and want to bid on "The World's Greatest WebRing," but the bidding starts at 80AP.
- You have $5.35 in available funds, which means you have a potential extra 529AP (.99 cents per AP).
- You decide to take the plunge and place your bid of 80AP. The bidding closes in seven days.
- You go back to the general WebRing system and resume your usual activities. Within a few days of surfing rings, posting to your blog, chatting it up in the forums, etc., your total AP increases to 157AP.
- Seven days pass, and you have won the bid for "The World's Greatest WebRing." The ring is transferred to your account and your AP decreases to 77AP. Your monetary funds remain untouched. What happened?
Unless you "Buy Now!," most auctions last from 1-3 weeks. This gives you more than enough time to get active on WebRing to earn the AP you need to win your bid. Remember, most everything you do on WebRing earns you points. If you haven't uploaded a profile image yet, that will earn you a quick 50AP! Want to upload a profile image right now?
Available, Purchase, Commit… What's the Difference?
On Auction Central, you will notice a message similar to this:
You have 1439 activity points available.
You can purchase approximately 2096 more activity points with the $ 21.18 in your account.
You can commit up to 3535 more activity points to other auctions.
Now, you might be a little confused as to what all these numbers mean. Here's what each refers to:
- "You have 1439 activity points available." - This number refers to how many actual AP you currently have in your account. This number is updated nightly based on your WebRing activity.
- "You can purchase approximately 2096 more activity points with the $ 21.18 in your account." - The number of AP cited here is determined by this equation: Total$ x .99 = AP.
- "You can commit up to 3535 more activity points to other auctions." - This number is the cumulative amounts of both the available and purchasable amounts.
Advice from a WebRing Member
The Lilith Gallery Network was particularly excited about our auctioning off of adoptable rings. They were so excited that they offered some advice regarding the selection of rings to adopt. To read their full article, click here.
Remember, we want to hear your stories about Auction Central. Lilith Gallery chimed in, will you? Use the comments below or write your own blog post to do so.
Join us tomorrow as we continue our discussion of Auction Central. In the meantime, have you visited Auction Central today?