Fri, Feb 8th - 1:17PM
4 medium russet baking potatoes
2 to 4 teaspoons liquid diet margarine
1/4 cup skim milk
salt (optional) and fresh ground pepper
3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup fat-free or lowfat sour cream
1/2 cup chopped scallons
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wash the potatoes and place wet in the oven, but not touching each other, directly on the rack (which crisps them). Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
3. Remove and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the filling, leaving some potato (at least 1/4 inch), being careful to keep the skins intact. Reserve the filling for another use.
4. Using scissors, cut the skins in half again and, if very large potatoes, in fourths. Drizzle margarine in a line from one end of the potato to the other, and then do the same with the milk. With a fork, mash some of the white on the skins to slightly flatten them.
5. Season with salt (if desired) and pepper, add the cheese, and place under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until crisp and golden. Garnish with the sour cream and scallons.